At Eli & Amalia, we care passionately about the environment. We also love Christmas! The odds are rarely in our favour for a white Christmas, so how about a green one instead?
How to achieve a more eco-friendly Christmas;
- Use recycled and recyclable wrapping paper or alternatively invest in fabric wrapping paper which can be reused time and time again.
- Avoid any foil or glitter wrapping; although pretty, these cannot be recycled.
- Buy eco friendly crackers and avoid any containing plastic gifts. Consider reusable crackers and adding your own gift for a personal touch.
- Invest in a reusable advent calendar – keep an eye out in the January sales for one of these!
- Use LED lights to reduce energy consumption.
- Keep any Christmas cards received this year and use for gift tags next year.
- Recycle your Christmas tree in January. Visit recyclenow to find a drop off point in your area. Your old tree will be recycled into chippings for local parks and woodland areas.
Happy Green Christmas!
Eli and his friends decorating Eco – Kids Christmas tree.